Commercial litigation encompasses a wide range of matters.
Our experience includes:
- Commercial Disputes
- Class Actions
- Professional Liability
- Product Liability
Diverse examples include:
- actions involving shareholder disputes, breaches of contract, breaches of fiduciary duty, and regulatory investigations of individuals and corporations;
- advancing and defending class actions involving product liability, industrial accidents and toxic tort, and most recently a diesel emissions class action pertaining to the engineering and sale of certain Volkswagen and Audi vehicles utilizing “defeat devices”. Learn more about the Volkswagen class action and the involvement of Barnable Law P.C. by clicking here www.volkswagenclassaction.com
- obtaining various injunctions and restitution orders;
- fraud actions including acting for insurers, individuals, corporations and commercial lenders in recovery proceedings, mortgage and real estate frauds;
- leading Supreme Court of Canada case concerning jurisdiction in defamation; and
- challenges to certain electoral results in a City of Toronto municipal election.